Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School!!


Today was Bentley's First day of Kindergarten! She was so excited to go!! She was up early. We went for testing last Tuesday and this was the first time we met Mrs. Thompson. I heard just great things about Mrs. Thompson! Before we went in for testing, Bentley told me that she had to give Mrs. Thompson a hug. Before we left for home, she gave her a hug. We walked to school or more like ran to school!!

Once we were at the school, Bentley found a ward member friend, Tierstyn. Bentley loves to hug her friends. Bentley ran off to get to her seat. They had chosen their seat, when they went for testing. Nephi and I went in and just waited, wasn't sure what we were suppose to. When we would wave at Bentley, she just looked the other way and wave us off. She seem to be telling us, go away ALREADY!!! I feel blessed that we were able to go in. I ran into my neighbors when we came home, their children's school has them line up outside and that is as far as the parents can go. I am glad, I got to get a glimpse into her first day of school.
When I came home, I felt like I had nothing to do but worry about her. I was so excited to go back and take her home. I wanted to know all of her details about school. I really don't like that my little girl is growing up. I love seeing her grow in her education, her thinking and speech but I just want to hold her like a little child and take care of her. I look at her little pictures on the fridge and wish she was that boot scooting baby she once was. Now, she is ready to take on the world and start learning what real life is. I am very proud of my Bentley! She is amazing and I love her!
Bentley LOVED school!! She talks about going back tomorrow and for a few more weeks. She thinks its just weeks, good thing she doesn't realize its months before she is done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment