Saturday, August 6, 2011

Special Day for Addie



What a wonderful day today was for Addilyn Sage Weaver! We got the wonderful opportunity it was to see Addie be baptized by her father Jarom. We are so proud of her and she looked beautiful and beamed from head to toe. She had a huge turnout of support from her families. I am so happy that she was given the right to have the Holy Ghost as her constant companion. I love the gift of the Holy Ghost and know it will make Addie's life so much better.

I was so excited to hear that she had decided to get baptized. I was looking forward to taking Bentley witness such a marvelous event. We talk to Bentley about being baptized during family home evening and around the house. It became more real to her last year, when she saw a neighbor girl being baptized. I looked forward to Bentley's excitement to heighten when she got to witness her cousin be baptized. Bentley was so happy for Addie!! I am so glad Bentley got to witness this special event for Addie. It was amazing!!

I loved when one of the Bishopic members got up and had Addie come up front on a chair. He asked her if she knew why this big group was here. She just looked at all of us and smiled. Then he proceeded how we were all here for her. I love that she had could see what love and support she had from everyone. Its a big decision to be baptized but to have your family behind you makes it a lot easier. I know through trials to have your family cheering your on no matter what, makes your decisions easier. Again, what an uplifting day it was. We Love You Addie!! Thanks for being a GREAT example to Bentley and to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment