Friday, August 5, 2011

Devin and Rachelle's Wedding!!





What an amazing day! I felt so blessed to be able to take pictures for Devin and Rachelle today. They decided to get married in the Salt Lake Temple(one of my favorites). Their ceremony was amazing! They were sealed to their beautiful daughter Rylee. I felt like I was a wedding crasher since I didn't know anyone but the groom's sister (my beautiful sister in law). But in the end, I cried and thought, I wouldn't mind being a wedding crasher for temple marriages but they are so amazing. I love to see the happiness on the couples face, the spirit felt by the words from the sealer and just the love and support the family has for these two individuals.

I was so excited to take my husband back to the temple to witness this sealing. I love spending all the time I can with my husband, especially in the place that we decided to get married at. I love Nephi and appreciate that time off and lack of sleep he got from helping me witness this couple get married and take their pictures. Nephi is my rock!! When I wig out about something, he is there is calm me down. I love and adore my hubby!!

I am also grateful for Aunt Becky who took the day off to spend with Bentley. Becky is one amazing Sister EVER and aunt too!! They went to the park, went to swimming lessons, watched movies and went to Wendy's for dinner. Bentley had so much fun with her. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful person in my life that Bentley just loves and adores. I think Bentley was so happy to have the day with her Aunt Becky.

I learned a lot today about photography while taking pictures. Don't get me wrong, this isn't my first wedding, but Rachelle's best friend Naomi came and took pictures too! I thought having two photographers would be great many angles of the pictures, different views from each photographer would be amazing!! First lesson of the day. I soon learned that when you have two different types of creative people doing photography, they end up clashing. I did my best but learned a very important lesson, that I won't be taking pictures at a wedding with another photographer. It was also hard and I felt like running away towards the end of the day. I felt like my pictures weren't good enough. This wedding has taken a toll on me and I realized that I have my own style of photography and its more traditional. I love trying new things, but when you compare your photos with someone else for the same event, you start to question your abilities. I know that I take great photos but I really did question myself and wanted to cry. I am very grateful for this experience and what I have learned. I will continue photography but I won't be part of a two photographer wedding.

Second lesson I learned was how much I LOVE technology. Okay, maybe NOT!! Well not when you want it to work. I love adding images and video from the wedding of that day, but when your computer doesn't want to work with you....you start to despise technology. No, I am very grateful for what we have and what we can create in such a short time. I just wish I was updated as much as my technology. I ended up making a mistake myself on their video. I felt like the biggest idiot but remembered I need to check my technology more often!!

Overall, it was a great day! I came to love the little classroom we camped out at in the church for their reception. I had fun getting to know Rachelle and Devin's family. Thats the BEST part of being a photographer, getting to know families in such a short time. I am glad I was part of it and look forward to more weddings in the future. I am so happy for Devin and Rachelle!! Congratulations to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment