Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun Filled Day!!



Andrew and Miranda with their kids came to visit Monday. What fun we had!! Bentley was so excited to play with her cousins! On Monday, we had an adventure day. Bentley and Karson each took turns playing the piano. They were so cute to show off what they could do. Then we all got ready and headed for Lagoon! We stopped by Grandma B's house before taking on the wild rides of Lagoon.
Grandma enjoyed all of our hugs before we made the adventure to Lagoon. Nephi decided to come for a couple of hours before heading for work. Karson decided he would ride the adult rides. The first stop, white roller coaster. I got to sit in the front seat with him. He looked so nervous and I thought he was on the verge of tears but when we came up the last straightway, he was laughing and smiling!! He was having fun!! Then we headed over to the Wicked. We told Jarom that Karson would ride he worked on. We had to stand in line, Karson had a hard time with that. Kaiden on the other hand, stood on the fence and cried that she couldn't ride with us. We were almost to the top before, Karson bailed out on us. I was so proud he at least tried. When we got off the ride, we found one sad boy. He was so mad at himself for not trying. So we moved to the Fire Dragon....they had two cars on so he didn't have to wait at all. He was so nervous but he did it. After the ride, he told us it was "AWESOME!!" We asked him if he wanted to go again, he said "no, not until next year!" I laughed so hard!

I can't wait for Bentley to be tall enough for the adult rides. We tell her that if she eats her vegetables, she will grow up to ride Wicked. Seems to work all the time ;) Bentley loves to ride all of the rides she can at Lagoon. I love that she is so daring and courageous.

So after spending the day riding rides, getting wet, eating corn and cinnamon rolls, we decided to head out. The lines were getting long and we were worn out. As we were leaving, Kaiden saw the dart balloon game with Smurf prizes. Her parents decided we would find a Build-A-Bear and see if they had Smurfs. We headed for Fashion Place. We had a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden(tradition for us), found Smurfs at Build-A-Bear(very, very surprised they didn't have Smurfette at a GIRLS store) and ended with cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory(we had a total of 6 different pieces to taste from). The kids loved their Smurfs and I couldn't resist a picture of all of them holding their Smurfs.

The day was perfect with my brother and his family. Miranda even helped me re-arrange my living room. I love her ideas and wish I could be more creative with my decorations. I had the perfect day with my family! Thanks Andrew and Miranda!! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment