Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Great Company at Silver Lake

Well, its that time again! We had our hike planned for Silver Lake this month with Marie, her two kids, Coleen, Bentley and myself. Coleen and I went to Silver Lake last year and had fun. Bentley threw this big fit and finally enjoyed it after seeing thechick-a-monks and brib of ice cream afterwards. I hoped that this year wouldn't be a reenactment. Before going, I showed
Bentley in herscrapbook, how much funwe had last year. She was pumped and excited to go!
The drive is beautiful up Big Cottonwood Canyon. I love being in the mountains and enjoy the beauty of nature. Silver Lake is a fun lake that you can walk around. Its fun because the chipmunks will come eat out of your hands and its just a wonderful walk around a lake and being in the mountains. Marie brought some carrots and all of the kids had the BEST time feeding the chipmunks. We were all enjoying ourselves, when Bentley wanted to run ahead. I guess she thought running in nature would be fun. We heard a hurt crying while we tried to tell Bentley not to get ahead of us. Instead of listening, she ran right into some bees. All I know she just stood among looks of bees flying everywhere. I pulled her out and we all quickly walked around from the hive, we couldn't see. Once we got far away, we realized Bentley was stung twice. I felt so bad. The rest of the walk, wasn't as fun as I had hope. She was a trooper but she stayed right next to us for the rest of the way of the trail. This isn't her year, she has already been bitten by a wasp and now stung by two bees. We enjoyed the rest of the walk and headed home. Bentley got her well deserved ice cream!!

Silver lake is amazing! Just be careful what might be lurking in the woods.....

No comments:

Post a Comment