Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Holy Cow!!

"Holy Cow!! What are they thinking??" These are my thoughts today!! I went to my first PTA meeting this morning. After complaining to a friend in our ward that has served on PTA board, she introduced me to some of the people on this years board. She put a good word in for me apparently because they just asked me to be the Presidental Elect. Which in PTA terms, follow the PTA President this year and become the PTA President next year. Really?? Okay, I have to admit, it sure did make me feel good for the day. But after a few conversations with my husband and my friend Allison(who put the good word in for me), I decided I had to decline. I am super nervous to tell the PTA President I can't. As much fun as it sounds, I have so many reasons why I can't do it. First of all, this is my first year in PTA. My mom never did PTA. I don't know all that it involves. Secondly, I don't know the people in PTA that well. I am one that wants everything to go well and if I don't know the people and don't know know how if I can rely on them then I know I will end up doing it myself. I know, a fault of mine that I need to overcome. Trust people with huge duties!! Lastly, I am not sure if Bentley will be attending this school next year. Plus, Nephi wants me to save some time for him :)

I sure felt like I was on cloud nine. I went from complaining about not being Bentley's room mom to here, you can PTA President next year!! It was a nice thought but I have to stick to my gut feeling and not accept. Wish me luck in telling the PTA President :)

No comments:

Post a Comment