Friday, July 15, 2011

Wow!! I am Blogging!!


Hello!! I can't believe I am doing this.... blogging that is!! I thought it was time that I started a blog. I can't promise what things I might post but I thought this would be a great way to get my feelings out and have people get to know us.

First of all, I wanted to tell you about our little family. Nephi(the husband) and Betta(the wife) met at Lagoon, the biggest amusement park in Utah. I lived in Vernal (3 hours away) and Nephi lived in (Perry, no thats not in France :D). My first year at Lagoon, I probably worked with Nephi without really knowing it. I was 16 at the time and working just the summers between school. After graduating from High School, I worked at Lagoon while going to Utah State University. I was horrible and went to college to find my husband. Surprisingly enough, I found him at Lagoon. My first time remembering to meet him was the day after he got home from his mission. His brother Jarom brought him to a Supervisor Meeting in Janurary. I thought he was cute but wow he definitely was a returned missionary!! Then in February there was a returning employee meeting for all employees and Nephi came up and talked to one of my fellow supervisors before the meeting, I couldn't take my eyes off him :) He is CUTE!! and he was going to be in my area(Wahoo!!). Then we had trainings, so my first ride I trained him on was Puff the Dragon (Kiddie Ride). I kept using him as an example so he would remember me. The next ride I trained him on was Red Baron. I decided to train one on one with each employee and thats where we started to talk. After training, we kept talking and I told him he should come in and help us clean. Which he did. We spent more time together and by Spring Break in March, we had our first date. I gave him several opportunities to get out of our date because I didn't find myself THAT beautiful but we went on our date two days early then planned. He made me dinner and we went to the movie "R.M." By General Conference, the first weekend in April. We were engaged. He asked me at my Best Friend April's house. I was writing in my journal because we were having a long night party and Nephi was getting a ride from someone else that wouldn't be leaving for hours so he slept at my feet while I was on the couch writing. As I was writing, he lifted his head and said "Can I ask you a question?" While of course, I said yes. I wondered if he was going to ask me about my favorite jello or something. Instead, he asked "Will you marry me?" We had talked about marriage two weeks earlier so I knew the question would be coming. I said "YES!!!" Then I asked my other best friend Everett if we could use his cell phone. I called my father at 11pm, asking him what he was up too. He said he was sleeping of course. I told him Nephi had a question to ask him and threw the phone at Nephi. Nephi asked me dad for my hand in marriage and my father said if we were both happy of course he could.

On August 16, 2003, we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a very crazy day to say in the least. As we took our pictures at the temple, my husband put our car keys in his temple bag that he gave to my Mommy #2. I didn't know this at the time, as we finished the group pictures, everyone left to get ready for the reception in Perry, the temple bag was taken with the group. So after we finished our pictures just Nephi and I. We ended up hanging out in the garage parking lot of the Conference center. We called my great friends Everett and April to break into my grandma's house and bring us our keys. I couldn't have killed Nephi that day, but I think it makes for a great story. We did make it to our reception on time but my brothers vowed we were late for other reasons.

At the end of 2004, I was taken off my parents insurance so I was able to get birth control. We had just move to Salt Lake City after being up in Logan for a year. Nephi was working part time and going to school at Salt Lake Community College full time. I was working part time at two jobs and we didn't have health insurance. In June 2005, we found out I was pregnant. On February 19, 2006 we had Bentley Jenks. My maiden name is Bentley and as soon as we found out we were having a girl, I knew her name was going to be Bentley. Nephi and I decided if we have any girls, we would like to name them after cars. Seems fitting!! Back to Bentley, she is the light of our lives. She is the sweetest, loving person I have met. She loves everyone she meets and loves to make new friends with kids and adults. One time we went to Wal-Mart with some cousins for a prescription. The line was huge for the Pharmacy and I had noticed a sale at the end of the store we were by. I asked Bentley if she wanted to stay with her cousins or come with me, and she told me she wanted to stay. When I came back 10 minutes later, she had made friends with the lady in front of us. Bentley is a character and loves to be dramatic. Bentley loves to learn, ready books and loves school. She asks me every day, how many days left until kindergarten will start. She loves the water!! Bentley loves to hug anyone and everyone she can.

Nephi is the second oldest of seven children. He grew up on a peach farm, learned to drive on a tractor. He loves creating, writing and watch films. Every year, he loves to voluntary at the LDS Film Festival in Orem. He is entered either a script or 24 hour marathon for the past 5 years. Nephi is a Diesel Mechanic and loves working on engines twice his size. Nephi has a corky sense of humor and loves to laugh. Nephi loves being a father and husband.

Betta is the youngest and only girl of 4 kids. When I was 10, my mother passed away from scleroderma. At age 12, I got another mother and more family. I am currently the youngest of ten children. I love to take pictures. I started photography in my early teens and took flight when I started to work for Kiddie Kandids in 2004. I love being involved with people's lives and capturing those moments that happen quickly. I love to sew but I am just a beginner. I love to scrapbook those thousands of pictures I take of Bentley. After being laid off in January 2010, I didn't think I could be a stay at home. But I am here to say, I LOVE it!! I love being home for Nephi and Bentley. I have the greatest job in the world!

Well, I hope that covers some information about us. I hope I can do this blogging thing. I love reading others blogs! Hope all is well! Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. such a cute little family! :D I'm excited to hear more updates and more about you guys! :D
    ~Cassie Gale Kinghorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check your marriage date. I love hearing about your life. Good luck keeping it up. Love Opal

    ReplyDelete