Sunday, July 17, 2011

MeMoriEs!



















Hello again!! WAHOO!!! I am writing another post!! I must be on a role! I could resist documenting the last few days.


On Friday, July 15 we went to Kennecott. Hometown Values was my best friend this week and gave us a free pass to see the huge hole.
My husband was so excited!! After working on the 793 engines that are driven up in Kennecott, for the past 7 years, Nephi finally got to see them in action. He was like a little kid and I was excited to show Bentley what her daddy works on. I loved to see the trucks in action, they sure looked like toy "dump
trucks" as far up as we were. We had fun riding the bus up the mountain too! I thought the mountain looked like carmel topping on top of chocolate ice cream(Jenks family LOVES ice cream, makessense why I think the mountain looked like ice cream). We were able to go with our neighbor too! I love their kids!!


After lunch, Bentley wanted to get wet. She LOVES water! She would spend ALL day in a pool, the ocean or anything water if she could. We went for a new pool at our local Walmart but the only thing to choose from was a $199 adult size pool or $8 kiddie pool. So after heading home with our $8 kiddie pool, Bentley turned on the sprinklers
and filling her pool she started playing. I had gone in for a few minutes when I heard Bentley outside singing "I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!" I laughed so hard! She was pretending that the water from the sprinklers was rain! Oh, I love Bentley! I love that she loves musicals and remembers watching "Singing In the Rain."


I am so grateful to have a happy child. She finds the best moments to make me smile. Even in the rough times, she sure knows how to uplift my spirits. I know whatever happens in the future, I will always have Bentley to hug and love. I had a really great day with Bentley!!


On Saturday, July 16, Bentley got the once in lifetime(okay, maybe once in a few years) chance to be in Youth Parade for the Day's of 47. We were float number 47! It was awesome! We got to walk with your church's ward and stake! It was fun to see Bentley waving to all of the people. We had to wait a long time since we were second to last but it
was fun. Nephi and I were able to walk with her too. I realize but everyone was suppose to be wearing white shirts, not just the kids. I told everyone, we were the devils of the group!! Hehehehe, just kidding, I know we weren't.


It was a memorable day and I love spending all the time I can with my family. I have the best husband and daughter. I hope that one day, we can add to our family. Until then, I will just accept and appreciate what wonderful times we have with each other. I hope everyone takes the time to enjoy the people they are surrounded by. Its those moments that mean the most, especially with the little ones. I know I appreciate what I have! Even though I can become very impatient, its the time I have with them NOW that is the most rewarding. I love you Nephi and Bentley! Thanks for being part of my life!!

1 comment:

  1. You must be writing on a Mac using fonts that are installed on your computer, or something odd is going on with the fonts.

    Sounds like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete